Thursday, 27 September 2012

I'm just guarding myself

I value money
I feel pain
I sometimes face financial crises
I have tight budget
I just kick it aside so it won't top my list of concerns
so that i'd feel more grateful for other things not measured by notes and bills
so that my black heart becomes whiter

After all, I grew up wishing for a pair of jeans would miraculously appear in the laundry basket
My saving account bears pitiful number but hey my life is soooo much better than those days
So please, please don't erase that from my memory. I'm trying hard to make myself grateful for the blessings I get every day
Being a slave, trading parts of me that are still pure, betraying my belief for the sake of money in bulk
Please, I'm trying not to be those whom I've scoffed for their devotion to money

Ya Allah, Alhamdulillah...Your blessings are beyond description

No comments:

Post a Comment