Monday, 7 March 2011

teacher's laments...unjustified perhaps

in the next few years, will i be what they are now? I used to put effort to know my brats. I could even tell who they are by looking at their handwriting and I know their full name including their dad's name. i did it by heart. But look at what's going on now. I got bogged down by other things I'm not good at handling and I have less time to spent with my current students.

I rarely talk to them.

the then me took extra mile to help the brats, providing extra consultation outside class hour. the now me is more concerned with finishing the syllabus than conducting meaningful learning.

it's difficult! I don't feel at ease. It's mind boggling. It's not healthy. Not at all

I don't want to die out of stress. I want to die in peace and satisfaction knowing that i've guided a soul finding the real purpose of attending university. How ironic! My intention and my attitude contradict each other.

i want to go back to who I used to be. I like that person. I want to be the teacher that the brats feel comfortable with, can relate to, can provoke. i want to be the one who encourages them to be vocal, with poise and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment