Not that I despise them so much. Not that I think whatever comes from my people is a huge tank full of craps. That's unfair for people to see me in that light. Cuz I do appreciate local acts. The brilliant, honest, eccentric ones. And how many works can be put under those umbrellas?
Take it this way.
You play Command & Conquer, you're pretty much geared up for level 10 and suddenly the game sets you to go back to level 2. Or, a bunch of students copy paste materials from the net and insist the writing is theirs despite being shown the internet version of "their" assignment on their face. Or, even more pathetic, a bunch of students fight for "their" work but go dead silent when asked to explain an excerpt of it. Ok, too much student talk. Anyway, these things would've made anyone feel pissy. Gives you the who-do-you-take-me-for moment.
So, I don't go yacking about how I watch local dramas, listen to local songs. Doesnt mean I betray local acts.
And those overly famed works. I watch, doesn't mean I enjoy. It's for the fun of it. Thst kind of fun.
* Please..Do watch the more humble stuffs. They teach us a thing or two that mainstream productions are too proud to bring up
No comments:
Post a Comment