Thursday, 2 May 2013

Something is very wrong when people associate talent, warmth, attraction and most important of all, acceptance with physical appearance.

Looks are the first thing that most of us notice in a person. Yes, we gravitate to hot guys, pretty girls, cute kids. But, that usually starts to fade when we look at the internal aspects; intelligence, manner, dependability, etc. A guy/girl loses his/her beauty once he/she becomes pretty much a dumbass. Kids are no longer cute when they act all mighty and bratty.

A lot of us fail to notice that we judge and emphasize too much on the looks. Unknowingly act and speak all nicely to those blessed with good looks yet become oblivious to the existence of those who are lacking in the beauty department. So we give a standing ovation when that pretty girl picks up the thrash but we look at the other place when the not-so-pretty is saving a life. Now I can already hear voices contesting me. I might exaggerate a bit there but seriously, a lot of us are guilty as charged.

 Remember what we've said bout geeks and nerds, despite knowing so little bout them? Remember how we've acted nonchalant to the existence of those with mediocre looks? Remember how we've waited for Betty to undergo a makeover and be smoking hot? Much to our dismay, she never does. Not a single physical makeover. And why is Betty not going thru a physical makeover frustrating us so much?


I'd be a big fat liar if dont admit that I wish to marry someone who is freaking hot. How can I not want him to be freaking hot. He has to be. And it's his exceptional personality, together with wisdom, leadership, wit, etc. that make him f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g.h.o.t.

And I hope I always stick with this. I too, might get infected with this cancerous norm that is eating the society slowly, silently.

No comments:

Post a Comment