Thursday, 25 July 2013

Don't know how much it's worth but he wears it like it's no big deal. It's clearly worn out and the seaming, the zipper is torn, signalling its heavy duty. Years back, I would've gritted my teeth going to school with such a bag. I would've hungered myself and bought a new bag. Or go bagless.

He might be feeling the pain of embarrassment, he might not.  He might be concealing the pinching pain of embarrassment each time the others shoot the degrading look. He could be bottling it inside.

I look at the fossil that i've just bought and the dkny that I'm planning to stash. A few purple notes exchanged and I'm satisfied. The same amount that could get him a new backpack and keeps him away from hunger for  at least 3 weeks. Like the sun eating up the ice, the shame it causes feels really harsh.

I wish I could just wrap him a new bag but my position wouldnt allow that 

No comments:

Post a Comment